COVID-19 SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF HIRE 27TH AUGUST 2020
Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the Village Hall’s ordinary conditions of hire.
1) You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall, as shown on the attached poster which is also displayed at the hall entrance, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.
You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the hall’s Help Keep this Hall Covid 19 Secure poster.
2) You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
3) You will keep the premises well ventilated as possible throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
4) You will ensure that no more than 12 people attend your activity/event in the Main Hall and 7 in the Committee room, in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains 2m social distancing while waiting to enter the premises and as far as possible observes social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined areas (e.g moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets) which should be kept as brief as possible.
5) You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets, kitchen or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
6) You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face to face, and good ventilation. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres across the table between people who are face to face e.g. using a wide U- shape [insert or attach drawing or photo].
7) You are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required.
8) You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, [use the rubbish bags provided and leave them in the outside bins when you leave the hall].
9) You will be responsible, if drinks or food moving are made, for ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried and stowed away. You will bring your own clean tea towels, so as to reduce risk of contamination between hirers, and take them away. (We will provide washing up liquid and washing up cloths.)
10) We will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to
COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
11) In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to the designated safe area which is the rear left corner of the Committee Room. (First room when you enter the Hall). Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the Organizer of your Event and the Village Hall Booking Secretary.(Tel 01929 439903).
12) Live performances e.g. drama, music are not permitted at present. This is in order to avoid risk of aerosol or droplet transmission. For the same reason you must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g. refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult.
HELP KEEP THIS HALL COVID -19 SECURE
You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. Alert the organiser of the activity you attended and the Village Hall Booking Secretary (Tel 01929 439903).
Maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible
Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided.
Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands
if you do.
“Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bags provided. Then wash your hands.
We have cleaned door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces and the Hall is cleaned between each hire.
Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors, kitchen and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
Keep the hall well ventilated and close doors and
windows on leaving.